Remedies for Moon in Astrology | Chandra Remedies
Significations of Chandra/Moon in Vedic Astrology
- Moon rules over mind, emotions, and feelings. It signifies personal needs, emotions, sensitivity. It reflects our deepest feelings and also the hidden memory of the past.
- Moon also represents love and beauty.
- Moon signifies all liquids and also herbs & plants. So, the liquids in the body are governed by the Moon
- Moon represents mother and motherly care & nourishment
Result of Malefic Moon
- When Moon becomes malefic, then the mind becomes erratic and mental domain may turn against the native.
- Mother only may create problems to the native at some point of time or may create a distance with mother.
- The native will become restless and impatient. And also he will be insecure in life.
Result of Weak Moon
- When the Moon becomes weak, the mind will be weak and unstable. It will hamper the decision-making process. It signifies low confidence, any sort of fear, lack of sleep, etc
- Mother of the native will have difficulties and problems related to life or health or any other matter. They do not respect the mother. It also shows the lack of care and nourishment received from the mother.
- The individual may become pessimistic and extremely sensitive nature.
Diseases caused by the Moon
Lung infection, heart problems, cold-related diseases, congestion in chest, swelling of the neck, drowsiness, diseases of the breast in women, psychosomatic problems, depression, feeling of lifelessness, lunacy, problems in fifth and ninth month of pregnancy, polyurea, taste disorders, respiratory infections, tuberculosis, ovulatory diseases in females..
Remedies for Weak and Malefic Moon
Remedies work in two ways: one is strengthening a weak planet (sometimes strong planet also) and other is creating protection from the malefic planet. The planet is like a mirror, which shows our present condition.
Certain karmas appear to teach some lesson to the individual. Acknowledging and surrendering is the first step. That acknowledgment and correcting the mistake is like reversing the karma, with the help of remedies. Reversing of karma can be done in many ways and involves certain procedures. And some karmas cannot be reversed and have to be experienced in its own way. But again with the help of remedies, one can change the attitude of acceptance.
(Also Read: Law of Karma)
Moon signifies collective past memory. When the Moon is posited in malefic places means that there are problems at the mind level. Therefore, one has to clean the doshas related to Moon. Generally, people suggest meditation for a weak mind, but it can do more harm than good. Because, when you do deeper meditation, you cannot handle the power of meditation with the weak moon.
Psychological Remedies for Moon
When Moon becomes malefic or weak, the first thing it affects sleep. Try to change your lifestyle and create a routine. Whenever negative thoughts appear, challenge those thoughts. Don’t give any chance for the mind to make false conclusions. Always try to do things you are most passionate about. And enjoy each and every moment. Also, Set daily goals for yourself.
Mantra Remedies for Moon
Mantras are a powerful way of reducing the ill effects of the malefic planets. Chanting any of these regularly will bestow good results.
Moon’s mool mantra – Om Shram Shreem Shroum Sah Chandraya Namah – Chant 11000 times in 40 days
Chandra Stotra – Dadhi Shankha Tushaaraabham Ksheero Darnava Sambhavam |
Namami Shashinam Somam Shambhormukuta Bhooshanam ||
From protection from diseases – Ashwini Devata Stotra or Annapurna Stotra
For Happiness – Devi Stuti
For protection – Chandrashtakam, Sheetalashtakam
For peace of mind – Swasti Stava
For the overall protection – Chandra Kavacha
For wealth and prosperity – Lakshmi Hrudaya
For health – Varuna Sooktha, Shiva Sooktha
For success – Chandra Ashtottara Shatanamavali, Shiva Ashtottara Shatanamavali
Worshiping can be internal or external. External worship includes devotion to the divine in the form of image, idol, linga, saligrama or any other symbol. Internal worship is done through mental channels without any physical entity. Get up early in the mornings and perform pooja to the deity.
- Worship the ruling deity Gauri
- Also, worship Lord Shiva
- Perform Chandi Havan
- Perform rudrabhishek on Mondays
- Offer milk to Shivling
Charity and Donation Remedies for Moon
To strengthen the planet Moon, one should donate articles which are related to the Moon. Also, create affirmations in the mind, like ‘all the karmas created intentionally or unintentionally should go away’. Donate these items as per your ability. These can be given on Mondays.
Articles for donation are cow’s milk, rice, sugarcane, white clothes, silver, sphatika articles.
Vrata Remedies for Moon
Perform Swarna Gauri Vrat and Krishnashtami Vrat
Gemstone Remedies for Moon
The gemstone is a crystal piece which allows the particular colour of rays in a magnified way to the body. These are used to strengthen the planetary vibrations in the body. The gemstone for the planet Moon is Pearl. It must be embedded in a ring and its bottom should touch the body part. Consult an astrologer before wearing it.
Ayurveda Remedies for Moon
According to Ayurveda, the malefic nature of the Moon causes airy and phlegmatic dosha in the body. It can cause feeling cold, itchy, dullness & lethargy, numbness, excessive sleep, increased secretion of eyes and nose muscles, drowsiness.
Weak Moon can cause an imbalance in the body. Do the following to minimize the ill effects.
- Consume pungent, bitter foods, warm foods
- Take honey, hot ginger tea or herbal tea regularly
- Avoid fatty and iced foods as far as possible
- Exercise regularly to keep the body warm
Yoga and Pranayama Remedies for Moon
- Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon posture)
- Parivrtta Utkatasana (Revolved chair posture)
- Virabhadrasana (Warrior pose)
- Trikonasana (Triangle pose)
- Vrukshasana (Tree pose)
- Shirshasana (Headstand)
- Anulom Vilom Pranayam and Surya Bhedana pranayama
Yantra Remedies for Moon
Yantras are mathematical symbols or diagrams. Generally, they are used in worshipping deities and planet lords and also in tantric acts. When it is energized and worshiped daily, can create positive influence around. Chandra Yantra is used to strengthen the Moon. But bring yantra after consultation only.
Colours are used to balance energy in the body. The seven chakras in the body are associated with different colours. Similarly, planets are also associated with different colours. Imbalance of any colour can create problems in that particular chakra and also on the planet. Colour therapy can reduce that imbalance. White is the colour of the Moon. So, wear more white coloured clothes to strengthen the moon.
Music will impact the mind in its own way. Every planet is associated with different raga and tala. So, working on these aspects can alter the planetary vibrations. Listen more of Megha and Asaveri raaga to improve Moon prospects.
Other Remedies for Moon
- Wear silver made jewelry
- Drink water from a silver glass (Silver water therapy)
- Donate white cloths to a holy person
- Avoid excessive sweet foods