Remedies for Mars in Astrology | Mangal Remedies
Significations of Mangal/Mars in Astrology
- Mars signifies strength and power. It is the masculine energy and controls the male ego.
- It is an energy, which could be constructive or destructive depending on the placement in the chart.
- Mars represents competition, ambition, will power, courage, confidence and survival instincts. Mars gives determination and passion to work towards any goal.
- In a profession, Mars represents police, military, engineering, real estate, surgery, sports etc. Mars gives administrative and risk-taking abilities.
Result of Malefic Mars
- A malefic Mars gives self-destructive energy to the native. A malefic Mars can create heavy disturbance in a person’s life.
- They will have anger problems and will be stubborn in nature.
- It can cause accidents and surgeries. And also hospital expenditures can create heavy debt.
- There could be a relationship problem with brothers.
- Sometimes, it will lead to sex addiction also
Result of Weak Mars
- Individuals with weak Mars will have less strength and stamina. They lack will power and motivation to do anything.
- There will be problems related to the circulation of blood. They are prone to blood-related diseases.
- They can be easily controlled by others
- It can cause anemia and also low body weight.
- It may create dark circles around eyes and also cause weak eyesight.
- Weak Mars can create problems in the monthly cycle for women
Diseases caused by Mars
Diseases of the blood like blood cancer, high blood pressure, blood rush to the head, skin problems, bone cancer, stomach ulcers, strokes, epilepsy, inflammatory diseases, boils, wounds, pimples, headache, sexual disorders, burn injuries, surgeries & its complications, menstrual disorders, injury from weapons, uncontrolled anger.
Remedies for Weak and Malefic Mars
Remedies work in two ways: one is strengthening a weak planet (sometimes strong planet also) and other is creating protection from the malefic planet. A planet is like a mirror, which shows our present condition.
Certain karmas appear to teach some lesson to the individual. Acknowledging and surrendering to it is the first step. That acknowledgment and correcting the mistake is like reversing the karma, with the help of remedies. Reversing of karma can be done in many ways and involves certain procedures. And some karmas cannot be reversed and have to be experienced in its own way. But again with the help of remedies, one can change the attitude of acceptance.
(Also Read: Law of Karma)
Mars signifies bodily functions. When Mars is posited in malefic place, it creates many problems at the body level. Therefore, one has to clean the doshas related to Mars. All types of remedies are given below.
(Read more on How Remedies Work)
Psychological Remedies for Mars
Mars represents energy. It could be any kind of energy. Weak Mars can cause lack of willpower and motivation. Or it can make angry and frustrated. Both extremes are bad. Therefore, one should learn to take the middle path. If it is malefic and associated with Moon, it can put a lot of pressure on the mind. It will induce the mind to compare everything with others. One should think practically in every situation and limit one’s expectations. Thinking practical is not the trait of Mars, but it has to be practiced.
Mantra Remedies for Mars
Mantras are a powerful way of reducing the ill effects of the malefic planets. Chanting any of these regularly will bestow good results.
Mars’s mool mantra – Om Kram Kreem Kroum Sah Bhaumaya Namah – Chant 10000 times in 40 days
Mangala Stotra – Dharani Garbha Sambhutam Vidyut kanti Samaprabham
Kumaram Shakti Hastam Tam Mangalam Pranamamyaham ||
From protection from diseases – Kartikeya Stotra, Panchayudha Stotram
For protection – Angaraka Ashtaka, Narasimha Ashtakam
For success – Narasimha Stava, Runamochana Angaraka stotram
For the overall protection – Angaraka Kavacham or Subramanya Kavacham
For success – Angaraka Ashtottara Shatanamavali, Narasimha Ashtottara Shatanamavali
For property matters – Bhoo Suktam
Worshiping can be internal or external. External worship includes devotion to the divine in the form of image, idol, linga, saligrama or any other symbol. Internal worship is done through mental channels without any physical entity. Get up early in the mornings and perform pooja to the deity.
- Worship the ruling deity Kartikeya, Subramanya
- Perform Ashlesha Bali
- Ksheera Abhishekam to Naga devatha
- Perform Mrityunjaya Shanti
Charity and Donation Remedies for Mars
To strengthen the planet Mars, one should donate things which are related to Mars. Also, create affirmations in the mind, like ‘all the karmas created intentionally or unintentionally should go away’. Donate these items as per your ability. These can be given on Tuesdays in Mars Hora.
Articles for donation are Red lentil, toor dal, red cloths, red sandalwood, coral, copper vessel. Regular blood donation is also a good remedy. Donation to military funds or farmers will also be beneficial.
Vrata or Rituals
Perform Mangala Gauri Vrat, Vata Savitri Vrat
Gemstone Remedies for Mars
The gemstone is a crystal piece which allows the particular colour of rays in a magnified way to the body. These are used to strengthen the planetary vibrations in the body.
The gemstone for the planet Mars is Red Coral. It must be embedded in a ring on a ring finger and its bottom should touch the body part. Consult an astrologer before wearing it.
Ayurveda Remedies for Mars
According to Ayurveda, the malefic nature of Mars causes bilious or pitta dosha in the body. It can cause blood-related problems and depletion of hemoglobin levels. It can also cause excessive hunger & thirst, burning sensation, Fatigue, lack of strength, anger, dizziness, excessive sweating, very strong digestive power. It controls taste, bone marrow functions, sexual urge, circulatory prana, the process of defecation.
Weak Mars can cause pitta imbalance in the body. Do the following to minimize the ill effects.
- Use Ashwagandha, turmeric, garlic, asafetida
- Consume ghee, milk, butter regularly
- Prefer sweet fruits more than sour ones
- Don’t skip meals and have food regularly
Yoga and Pranayama Remedies for Mars
- Surya Namaskara
- Marjariasana (Cat stretch)
- Shishuasana (Child posture)
- Naukasana (Boat posture)
- Setubandhasana (Bridge posture)
- Perform Bhastrika Pranayama
Yantra Remedies for Mars
Yantras are mathematical symbols or diagrams. Generally, they are used in worshipping deities and planet lords and also in tantric acts. When it is energized and worshiped daily, can create positive influence around. Mangala/Kuja yantra is used to strengthen Mars. But bring yantra after consultation only.
Colour Therapy for Mars
Colours are used to balance energy in the body. The seven chakras in the body are associated with different colours. Similarly, planets are also associated with different colours. Imbalance of any colour can create problems in that particular chakra and also on the planet. Colour therapy can reduce that imbalance. Red is the colour of the mars. So, wear more of Red coloured clothes to strengthen Mars.
Music Therapy for Mars
Music will impact the mind in its own way. Every planet is associated with different raga and tala. So, working on these aspects can alter the planetary vibrations. Gandhar is the Raga associated with Mars and regular listening of this raga can improve the prospect for Mars.
Other Remedies for Mars
- Drink water from copper or mud pot
- Drink honey regularly
- Donate blood whenever possible
- Help brothers when required