Remedies for Mercury in Astrology | Budha Remedies
Significations of Budha/Mercury in Astrology
- Mercury is the intellectual planet and it represents intelligence, cleverness, sharpness and shows the ability of judgment and reasoning power
- Mercury signifies communication, which is both internal and external. It controls the communication with the outside world as well as the chatter within the mind domain.
- It gives analytical reasoning and meticulous planning to the individual.
- Mercury grants the power of discrimination which is very important in deciding right/wrong, good/bad etc
- It represents writing skills
- Its influence in the chart depends on its association with other planets. It becomes benefic with benefic planets and malefic with malefic planets.
- In the profession, Mercury represents the areas such as education, teaching, journalism, publication, mathematics, finance, accounting, advisory, astrology, broking, marketing etc.
Result of Malefic Mercury
- Malefic Mercury gives argumentative behavior and also too much of talkative character
- Individuals with malefic Mercury will be interested in gossiping and face lot of problems
- They lack judgment and reasoning abilities
- They will lie often with others
- They will start talking very late in their childhood
- They are good in cooking up stories or some weird narratives
Result of Weak Mercury
- Weak Mercury may cause indecisiveness and confused mind
- Power of judgment and discrimination will be low
- They may encounter speech-related disorders
- They will face problems in education
Diseases caused by Mercury
Diseases related to communicative organs like speech and hearing, skin disorders, diseases of the nose & throat, nervous problems, paralysis, spondylitis, thyroid & thymus disorders, diseases of the gallbladder, psychiatric problems
Remedies for Weak and Malefic Mercury
Remedies work in two ways: one is strengthening a weak planet (sometimes strong planet also) and other is creating protection from the malefic planet. The planet is like a mirror, which shows our present condition.
Certain karmas appear to teach some lesson to the individual. Acknowledging and surrendering to it is the first step. That acknowledgment and correcting the mistake is like reversing the karma, with the help of remedies. Reversing of karma can be done in many ways and involves certain procedures. And some karmas cannot be reversed and have to be experienced in its own way. But again with the help of remedies, one can change the attitude of acceptance.
(Read: Law of Karma)
Mercury signifies nervous functions. When Mercury is posited in malefic place, it creates many problems at the mental level. Therefore, one has to clean the doshas related to Mercury. All types of remedies are given below.
Psychological Remedies for Mercury
Mercury represents the part of the brain which controls intelligence. When Mercury is weak in the chart, it affects the power of judgment, reasoning abilities. One should have control over speech and action. It is always better to think and act. Don’t jump into any conclusions immediately. Try to avoid gossiping in personal and professional space. A person with weak Mercury should always have a mentor who can be consulted for important decisions.
Mantra Remedies for Mercury
Mantras are a powerful way of reducing the ill effects of the malefic planets. Chanting any of these regularly will bestow good results.
Mercury’s mool mantra – Om Braam Breem Broum Sah Budhaya Namah – Chant 10000 times in 40 days
Budha Stotra – Priyangu Kalika Shyamam Roopena Pratimam Budham
Soumyam Soumya Gunopetam Tam Budham Pranamamyaham ||
For Success – Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram
For Happiness – Vishnu Stuti
Fulfillment of desires – Krishna Astaka
For protection – Budha kavacham, Vishnu kavacham
Prosperity – Narayana Hrudaya
Removal of doshas – Vishnu Ashtottara Shatanamavali
Worshiping can be internal or external. External worship includes devotion to the divine in the form of image, idol, linga, saligrama or any other symbol. Internal worship is done through mental channels without any physical entity. Get up early in the mornings and perform pooja to the deity.
- Worship the ruling Lord Vishnu
- Perform Vishnu Suktam Havan
Charity and Donation
To strengthen the planet Mars, one should donate things which are related to Mercury. Also, create affirmations in the mind, like ‘all the karmas created intentionally or unintentionally should go away’. Donate these items as per your ability. These can be given on Wednesdays in Budha Hora.
Articles for donation are moong dal, green clothes, green flowers, textbooks. Vidyadan or helping a poor student with education is a great remedy. Donating to educational institutions is also beneficial.
Vrata or Rituals
Perform Ekadashi Vrat, Saraswati Vrat
Gemstone and Rudraksha Remedies for Mercury
The gemstone is a crystal piece which allows the particular colour of rays in a magnified way to the body. These are used to strengthen the planetary vibrations in the body.
The gemstone for the planet Mercury is Emerald. It must be embedded in a ring on a little finger and its bottom should touch the body part. Consult an astrologer before wearing it.
To strengthen Mercury, one should wear 4 Mukhi or 10 Mukhi Rudraksha.
Ayurveda Remedies for Mercury
According to Ayurveda, Mercury rules all the three humours; Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, but predominantly Vata. It is responsible for the nervous system and controls senses and motor organs. It also communicates between various organs in the body. It stimulates digestive enzymes for digestion. It can cause dryness, numbness in limbs, constipation, pain in the nails and teeth.
Weak Mercury can cause vata imbalance in the body. Do the following to minimize the ill effects
- Consume ghee, oily food, buttermilk, cheese
- Try hot soups and hot fluids
- Use warm spices like ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, flaxseeds etc
- Avoid cold, carbonated drinks, frozen foods
- Bath with warm water with regular oil massage
- Use the herbs ashwagandha and shatavari
Yoga and Pranayama
- Marjariasana (Cat stretch)
- Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose)
- Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
- Makarasana (Crocodile Pose)
- Ujjayi Breathing
Yantra Remedies for Mercury
Yantras are mathematical symbols or diagrams. Generally, they are used in worshipping deities and planet lords and also in tantric acts. When it is energized and worshiped daily, can create positive influence around. Budha yantra is used to strengthen Mercury. But bring yantra after consultation only.
Colour Therapy for Mercury
Colours are used to balance energy in the body. The seven chakras in the body are associated with different colours. Similarly, planets are also associated with different colours. Imbalance of any colour can create problems in that particular chakra and also on the planet. Colour therapy can reduce that imbalance. Green is the colour of Mercury. So, wear more of Green coloured clothes to strengthen Mercury.
Music Therapy for Mercury
Music will impact the mind in its own way. Every planet is associated with different raga and tala. So, working on these aspects can alter the planetary vibrations. Malav is the Raga associated with Mercury and regular listening of this raga can improve the prospect for Mercury.
Other Remedies for Mercury
- Feeding cows with green grass is a good remedy
- Use green gram in food regularly
- Practice integrity in personal life and profession