Remedies for Jupiter in Astrology | Guru Remedies
Significations of Guru/Jupiter in Astrology
- Jupiter is considered as the most benefic planet. It signifies education, knowledge, wisdom, and philosophy. It also provokes one for exploration, freedom and seeking of the ultimate truth of life.
- Jupiter is Guru or teacher in Vedic astrology. Its primary motivation is expansion and based on the house position of Jupiter in the horoscope, it expands the parameters of that house.
- It also represents the ideology and sense of purpose of a person. It includes ideals, principles, belief systems (religious/spiritual/other), etc
- Jupiter is also the significator for wealth, luck, prosperity
Result of Weak and Malefic Jupiter
- A malefic and weak Jupiter means that there is a missing support system from divinity
- A malefic Jupiter can make less of ideologies and belief systems. They may lack firmness and decisiveness, because of which they will be seen as unpredictable
- There will not be any support from teachers and gurus
- There could be ups and downs in the financial position of the native
- They may lack the value of integrity. If the person goes against principles or law of nature, then Jupiter does not protect him
- They may face problems in married or personal life. There will be a strained relationship with children
- A weak Jupiter can create problems in terms of education and learning
Diseases caused by Jupiter
Diseases of the digestive system, obesity, diabetes, phlegmatic diseases such as cold & cough, respiratory infections, bronchitis, eating disorders, disorders of metabolism, disorders of hearing, liver diseases like jaundice and problems in the third month of pregnancy in women.
Remedies for Weak and Malefic Jupiter
Remedies work in two ways: one is strengthening a weak planet (sometimes strong planet also) and other is creating protection from the malefic planet. The planet is like a mirror, which shows our present condition.
Certain karmas appear to teach some lesson to the individual. Acknowledging and surrendering to it is the first step. That acknowledgment and correcting the mistake is like reversing the karma, with the help of remedies. Reversing of karma can be done in many ways and involves certain procedures. And some karmas cannot be reversed and have to be experienced in its own way. But again with the help of remedies, one can change the attitude of acceptance.
(Also Read: Law of Karma)
Jupiter signifies the domain of knowledge and wisdom. When Jupiter goes malefic, it creates many problems at the mental and physical level. Therefore, one has to clean the doshas related to Jupiter. All types of remedies are given below.
Psychological Remedies for Jupiter
Jupiter represents teacher in Vedic astrology. The teacher is not only the one who teaches you in the classrooms. Every life situation is a teacher by itself. Therefore, becoming humble and avoiding arrogance is the first lesson from Jupiter. Practice integrity in every aspect of your life. Jupiter just loves that. Try to increase divinity and satwik aura within you by following satvik food habits and lifestyle.
Mantra Remedies for Jupiter
Mantras are a powerful way of reducing the ill effects of the malefic planets. Chanting any of these regularly will bestow good results. Any mantra can be chanted but the important point is to gain siddhi from that mantra.
Jupiter mool mantra – Om Graam Greem Graum Sah Gurave Namah – Chant 10000 times in 40 days
Guru Stotra – Devanam Cha Rishinam Cha Gurum kaanchana Sannibham
Buddhi Bhootam Trilokesham Tam Namami Brihaspatim ||
For Success – Purusha Suktham, Dakshinamurthy Stotram, Dattatreya Stotram, Raghavendra Stotram
For Happiness – Sri Rudram, Shiva Sahasranama Strotram, Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram
Fulfillment of desires – Guru Astaka
For protection – Brihaspati kavacham
Prosperity – Rudra Hrudaya
Removal of doshas – Shiva/Vishnu Ashtottara Shatanamavali
Worshiping can be internal or external. External worship includes devotion to the divine in the form of image, idol, linga, saligrama or any other symbol. Internal worship is done through mental channels without any physical entity. Get up early in the mornings and perform pooja to the deity.
- Worship the ruling deity Dakshinamurthy, Dattatreya, Raghavendra Swamy, Lord Shiva, Shirdi Sai
- Perform Brihaspati Shanti
- Perform Rudrabhishekam
Charity and Donation Remedies for Jupiter
To strengthen the planet Jupiter, one should donate things which are related to Jupiter. Also, create affirmations in the mind, like ‘all the karmas created intentionally or unintentionally should go away’. Donate these items as per your ability. These can be given on Thursdays in Guru Hora.
Articles for donation are Turmeric, Yellow cloths, saffron, gold, chana dal or split chickpeas, books, yellow sapphire. Guru Seva or helping a teacher (service) is a great remedy for Jupiter. Also, don’t hurt any teacher in your life. Vidyadan or helping a poor student with education is also a great remedy. Donating to educational institutions is also beneficial.
Vrata or Rituals
Perform Ekadashi Vrat, Pradosh Vrat
Gemstone and Rudraksha Remedies for Jupiter
The gemstone is a crystal piece which allows the particular colour of rays in a magnified way to the body. These are used to strengthen the planetary vibrations in the body.
The gemstone for the planet Jupiter is Yellow Sapphire. It must be embedded in gold on an index finger and its bottom should touch the body part. Consult an astrologer before wearing it.
For Jupiter, one should wear 5-faced or 11-faced rudraksha.
Ayurveda Remedies for Jupiter
Jupiter According to Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, Jupiter shows phlegmatic or Kapha humour. Kapha makes the organs of the body moist, it increases strength, regulates the mental balance and protects the tissues. Kapha dosha can make lethargic, increased sleep, feeling cold. Itchy, increased secretion of eyes, nose, less motivated and depressed.
Weak Jupiter can cause Kapha imbalance in the body. Do the following to minimize the ill effects.
- Drink enough water with liquid and fruit-based diet
- Implement physical activity regime like walking, running, swimming, yoga
- Stay warm – Kapha dosha can make one be sensitive to cold, so stay warm
- Take honey, hot ginger tea, pungent & hot herbal preparations will also be helpful
- Include bitter, astringent and pungent tasting food in the diet
- Too much of sweat, salty flavors are not good
- Oil massage with warm sesame oil is good
- Herbs – Triphala, Kanchanara guggulu and Bharangi Mool
Yoga and Pranayama Remedies for Jupiter
- Surya Namaskara
- Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon posture)
- Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose)
- Trikonasana (triangle pose)
- Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
Yantra Remedies for Jupiter
Yantras are mathematical symbols or diagrams. Generally, they are used in worshipping deities and planet lords and also in tantric acts. When it is energized and worshiped daily, can create positive influence around. Guru yantra is used to strengthen Jupiter. But bring yantra after consultation only.
Colour Therapy for Jupiter
Colours are used to balance energy in the body. The seven chakras in the body are associated with different colours. Similarly, planets are also associated with different colours. Imbalance of any colour can create problems in that particular chakra and also on the planet. Colour therapy can reduce that imbalance. Yellow is the colour of Jupiter. So, wear more yellow colored clothes to strengthen Jupiter.
Music Therapy for Jupiter
Music will impact the mind in its own way. Every planet is associated with different raga and tala. So, working on these aspects can alter the planetary vibrations. Hindol is the Raga associated with Jupiter and regular listening of this raga can improve the prospect of Jupiter.
Other Remedies for Jupiter
- Wear gold ornaments in the form of a ring or chain
- Try to educate people who are underprivileged