Remedies for Saturn in Astrology | Shani Remedies
Significations of Shani / Saturn in Astrology
- Saturn is the significator of karma, especially prarabdha karma. He is called ‘Karma Karaka’. He is like a judge, who rewards for the efforts or give punishment
- If Saturn is placed favorably in the chart, it is a blessing for the individual
- He is like a strict teacher, who punishes students harshly for the mistakes
- Saturn signifies longevity. If placed favorable, gives long life.
- Saturn is considered the planet of devastation and delay. It makes everything very slow. Even though it delays the matter, it will not deny it. It gives only after the struggle
- Saturn wants one to follow life with discipline, hard work, and struggle.
- Other significations include responsibility, patience, lessons, stability, maturity, old age, justice, hard work, chronic disease, poverty, disputes, black grains, iron, antique materials, forgetfulness.
- In the profession, Saturn represents industries related to oil, petroleum, steel, mining, lead, leather, farming, construction, historians, agriculture
Result of Malefic Saturn
- Malefic Saturn can create havoc in a person’s life. They may have to struggle a lot to achieve anything
- It can cause loss of wealth, name, fame and everything.
- It can create sleeping disorders and can cause hair fall, old age, increase in blood pressure, etc
- They will have constant problems in dealing with subordinates
- There could be chronic diseases which will take a very long time to get cured
- They may have to undergo depression and other mental agonies
Result of Weak Saturn
- A weak Saturn can give fear, lack of courage, inferiority complex, lethargy
- They become very pessimistic, low in confidence and lifelessness.
- Everything will be delayed in life. Nothing comes easy and even if it comes only after a great struggle
- People treat them very badly and they become the subject of embarrassment
- Can feel lonely and isolated in life
Diseases caused by Shani
Diseases caused by weak Saturn are dental problems, diseases of the connective tissues of bones, joints, knee cap, diseases of anus, piles, fistula, tuberculosis, chronic diseases, old age-associated diseases, problems of hair such as hair fall and weak broken hair, diseases of the spleen, arthritis, paralysis, cramps, parkinson disease, depression, mental disorders, dementia, problems in the sixth month of the pregnancy.
Remedies for Weak and Malefic Saturn
Remedies work in two ways: one is strengthening a weak planet (sometimes strong planet also) and other is creating protection from the malefic planet. The Planet is like a mirror, which shows our present condition.
Certain karmas appear to teach some lesson to the individual. Acknowledging and surrendering to it is the first step. That acknowledgment and correcting the mistake is like reversing the karma, with the help of remedies. Reversing of karma can be done in many ways and involves certain procedures. And some karmas cannot be reversed and have to be experienced in its own way. But again with the help of remedies, one can change the attitude of acceptance.
(Also Read: Law of Karma)
Saturn is a karma karaka and gives a lot of hardships when ill-placed. It can take one to extreme situations and life becomes unbearable. Therefore, one has to clear the doshas related to Saturn. All types of remedies are given below:
Psychological Remedies for Saturn
A weak Saturn can make you pessimistic and low in self-esteem, courage. When nothing goes right in life, one will think of themselves as worthless & useless. Slowly it will turn into depression. The best remedy to uplift oneself would be by boosting the ego. You should never put yourself down in front of others. Just think of all the beautiful things from the past and remind yourself that everything will change one day. Do not allow lethargy to take over you.
Mantra Remedies for Saturn
Mantras are a powerful way of reducing the ill effects of the malefic planets. Chanting any of these regularly will bestow good results. Any mantra can be chanted but the important point is to gain siddhi from that mantra.
Shani Bija Mantra – Om Sham Shanaishwaraya Namaha
Shani Tantrik mantra – Om Praam Preem Proum Sah Shanaischaraya Namah – Chant 23000 times in 40 days
Shani Stotra – Neelanjana Samabhasam Raviputram Yamagrajam
Chaaya Martanda Sambhutam Tam Namami Shanaischaram ||
For Success – Hanuman Stotra, Shiva Stotra, Dasharatha Krit Shani Stotram
For Longevity – Mrityunjaya Stotram, Mrityunjaya Ashtakam
For protection – Shani Kavacha, Anjaneya Kavacha
Prosperity – Rudra Hrudaya
Removal of doshas – Shani/Hanuman/Shiva Ashtottara Shatanamavali
Worshiping can be internal or external. External worship includes devotion to the divine in the form of image, idol, linga, saligrama or any other symbol. Internal worship is done through mental channels without any physical entity. Get up early in the mornings and perform pooja to the deity.
- Worship the ruling deity Hanuman, Lord Shiva and also Kalabhairava (a form of Shiva)
- Tailabhishekam to Lord Shani
- Tila Danam in Shani Temple
- Worship Ashwath (Peepal) Tree
Charity and Donation Remedies for Saturn
To strengthen the planet Shani, one should donate things which are related to Shani. Also, create affirmations in the mind, like ‘all the karmas created intentionally or unintentionally should go away’. Donate these items as per your ability. These can be given on Saturdays on Shani Hora.
Articles for donation are til (sesame), sesame oil, blue clothes, black umbrella, shoes, iron
Vrata or Rituals
Perform Shamantakopayana Vrat, Kedareshwara Vrat, Karaveera Vrat
Gemstone and Rudraksha Remedies for Saturn
The gemstone is a crystal piece which allows the particular colour of rays in a magnified way to the body. These are used to strengthen the planetary vibrations in the body.
The gemstone for the planet Saturn is Blue Sapphire. It must be embedded in a ring on a middle finger and its bottom should touch the body part. Consult an astrologer before wearing it.
For Saturn, one should wear 7 faced or 14 faced rudrakshas.
Ayurveda Remedies for Saturn
Saturn According to Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, Saturn represents Vata Dosha. Vata regulates movements and provides vitality in the body. It stimulates digestive enzymes for digestion. It is responsible for blood circulation, breathing, etc. Vata dosha can cause dryness, joint pain, cold, numbness in the body. Another problem is that Vata dosha will also transport other doshas into various parts of the body, thereby creating an imbalance.
Weak Saturn can cause vata imbalance in the body. Do the following to minimize the ill effects.
- Consume ghee, oily food, buttermilk, cheese
- Try hot soups and hot fluids
- Use warm spices like ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, flaxseeds, etc
- Avoid cold, carbonated drinks, frozen foods
- Bath with warm water with regular oil massage
- Use the herbs ashwagandha and shatavari
Yoga and Pranayama Remedies for Saturn
- Marjariasana (Cat stretch)
- Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose)
- Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
- Makarasana (Crocodile Pose)
- Ujjayi Breathing
Yantra Remedies for Saturn
Yantras are mathematical symbols or diagrams. Generally, they are used in worshipping deities and planet lords and also in tantric acts. When it is energized and worshiped daily, can create positive influence around. Shani Yantra is used to strengthen Shani. But bring yantra after consultation only.
Colour Therapy for Saturn
Colours are used to balance energy in the body. The seven chakras in the body are associated with different colours. Similarly, planets are also associated with different colours. Imbalance of any colour can create problems in that particular chakra and also on the planet. Colour therapy can reduce that imbalance. Blue and Black are the colours of Saturn. So, wear more of these coloured clothes to strengthen Saturn.
Music Therapy for Saturn
Music will impact the mind in its own way. Every planet is associated with different raga and tala. So, working on these aspects can alter the planetary vibrations. Bhairavi is the Raga associated with Shani and regular listening of this raga can improve the prospect of Shani.
Other Remedies for Saturn
- Help servants, old age people, and downtrodden people
- Donate your time and money to old age homes and ashrams (orphanage)
- Volunteer (Seva) in ashrams