Remedies for Ketu in Astrology | South Node Remedies
Significations of South Node/Ketu in Astrology
- Like Rahu, Ketu is also not a physical planet, yet it has a very big role in astrology. It gives sudden and unexpected results to the native
- Ketu is a karmic planet. It is called as ‘Moksha karaka’ planet as It helps one to come out of material entanglements.
- Ketu is a hard taskmaster, who makes us understand life in a tough and brutal way
- It influences and encourages detachment, enlightenment, wisdom, spirituality
- While Rahu gives abundant, Ketu takes away everything
- Ketu in the horoscope also shows the areas which are misused by the native in the previous lives
- Ketu also represents occult knowledge, supernatural powers, tantrik acts, etc
- In the profession, Ketu represents spiritual writing, medical practitioners, defense, military, magician, philanthropy, astrology, old age homes, orphanages, etc
Result of Weak and Malefic Ketu
- A malefic Ketu will create a lot of disturbance in the life of a native
- People with strong Ketu can become very pessimistic and detached from everything
- They may become socially disconnected and will have a very bad reputation
- They can get into all sorts of addiction problems
- They may become very fearful and insecure.
- Malefic Ketu makes one suffer from hallucinations. They may experience spirits and ghost in dreams
- If the severity is more, there is a tendency of becoming a psychopath and show abnormal violent behavior
Diseases caused by Ketu
Diseases caused by malefic Ketu are throat problems, speech defects such as stammering, thyroid problems, obstructions to the functioning of any organ, diseases due to poisoning, black magic, suicidal tendencies.
Remedies for Weak and Malefic Ketu
Remedies work in two ways: one is strengthening a weak planet (sometimes strong planet also) and other is creating protection from the malefic planet. The Planet is like a mirror, which shows our present condition.
Certain karmas appear to teach some lesson to the individual. Acknowledging and surrendering to it is the first step. That acknowledgment and correcting the mistake is like reversing the karma, with the help of remedies. Reversing of karma can be done in many ways and involves certain procedures. And some karmas cannot be reversed and have to be experienced in its own way. But again with the help of remedies, one can change the attitude of acceptance.
(Also Read: Law of Karma)
Ketu is a karmic planet and when ill placed makes life void and purposeless. It can take you to any extreme situations and life becomes unbearable. Proper remedies can uplift the chart to some extent. All types of remedies are given below to pacify Ketu.
Psychological Remedies for Ketu
Ketu is a karmic planet and helps to come out of material entanglements in very harsh ways. When the period of Ketu is running, one needs to show enormous patience. Ketu wants us to go back to our roots, so one should indulge in meditation and other spiritual practices. In these periods of crisis, learn to be humble and grounded because Ketu doesn’t like arrogance and egotism.
Mantra Remedies for Ketu
Mantras are a powerful way of reducing the ill effects of the malefic planets. Chanting any of these regularly will bestow good results. Any mantra can be chanted but the important point is to gain siddhi from that mantra.
Ketu Bija Mantra – Aum Kem Ketave Namah
Ketu Tantrik mantra – Aum Shraam Shreem Shroum Sah Ketave Namah- Chant 17000 times in 40 days
Ketu Stotra – PalAsha Pushpa SankAsham TArakAgraha Mastakam
Roudram RoudrAtmakam Ghoram Tam Ketum Pranamamyaham ||
(Meaning: I bow down before the one who looks like palasha flower, one who is the chief of planets and stars, one who is very fierce and frightful and I pray to him with humbleness)
For Success/Longevity – Ganesha Stotra, Ganesha Dwadasha Nama Stotram,
For protection – Ketu Kavacham, Ganesha Kavacham, Balarishta Sooktam
Prosperity – Ganesha Hrudayam, Rudra Hrudayam, Shiva Panchakshari Stotram
Removal of doshas – Ketu/Ganesha Ashtottara Shatanamavali, Ganesha Atharvashirsham
Worshiping can be internal or external. External worship includes devotion to the divine in the form of image, idol, linga, saligrama or any other symbol. Internal worship is done through mental channels without any physical entity. Get up early in the mornings and perform pooja to the deity.
- Worship Ruling deity Lord Ganesha
- Offer Durva grass to Ganesha (either 21, 54, 108)
Charity and Donation
To strengthen the planet Ketu, one should donate things which are related to Ketu. Also, create affirmations in the mind, like ‘all the karmas created intentionally or unintentionally should go away’. Donate these items as per your ability. These can be given on Thursdays or during Nakshatras of Ketu.
Articles for donation are horse gram (kulthi dal, huruli), sesame seeds, black cow, blankets, etc.
Vrata or Rituals Remedies for Ketu
Perform Siddhivinayak Vrat, Shakti Ganapathi Vrat or Durva Ganapati Vrat
Gemstone and Rudraksha Remedies for Ketu
The gemstone is a crystal piece which allows the particular colour of rays in a magnified way to the body. These are used to strengthen the planetary vibrations in the body.
The gemstone for the planet Ketu is Cat’s Eye or Vydhurya. It must be embedded in a ring on a middle finger and its bottom should touch the body part. Consult an astrologer before wearing it.
For Ketu, one should wear 9 faced Rudraksha.
Ayurveda Remedies for Ketu
According to Ayurveda, the malefic nature of the Ketu causes bilious or pitta dosha in the body. Pitta regulates the enzymes and the hormones in the body and also helps in digestion. Pitta dosha can cause blood-related problems and depletion of hemoglobin levels. It can also cause excessive hunger & thirst, burning sensation, Fatigue, lack of strength, anger, dizziness, excessive sweating, very strong digestive power. It controls taste, bone marrow functions, sexual urge, circulatory prana, the process of defecation.
Weak Ketu can cause pitta imbalance in the body. Do the following to minimize the ill effects.
- Use Ashwagandha, turmeric, garlic, asafetida
- Consume ghee, milk, butter regularly
- Prefer sweet fruits more than sour ones
- Don’t skip meals and have food regularly
Yoga and Pranayama Remedies for Ketu
- Surya Namaskara
- Marjariasana (Cat stretch)
- Shishuasana (Child posture)
- Naukasa (Boat posture)
- Setubandhasana (Bridge posture)
- Perform Bhastrika Pranayama
Yantra Remedies for Ketu
Yantras are mathematical symbols or diagrams. Generally, they are used in worshipping deities and planet lords and also in tantric acts. When it is energized and worshiped daily, can create positive influence around. Ketu Yantra is used to strengthen Ketu. But bring yantra after consultation only.
Colour Therapy for Ketu
Colours are used to balance energy in the body. The seven chakras in the body are associated with different colours. Similarly, planets are also associated with different colours. Imbalance of any colour can create problems in that particular chakra and also on the planet. Colour therapy can reduce that imbalance. Ketu represents Grey or mixed colours. So, wear more of these coloured clothes to strengthen ketu
Music Therapy for Ketu
Music will impact the mind in its own way. Every planet is associated with different raga and tala. So, working on these aspects can alter the planetary vibrations. There is no specific music associated with Ketu but Gandhar and Hindol are closely associated and regular listening of these ragas can improve the prospects of Ketu.